Don’t forget, we might be able to go through this in a conversation rather than a formal application – it really will vary depending on who it is for, and how much you are asking for. Don’t forget our aim is to make sure that the best ideas get our support
We will be looking for information on the following areas:
- Tell us about yourself (and the organisation you represent if it isn’t a personal application). What do you / the organisation do, who do you work for, and where you are located?
- Why are you applying to us for support? What are you trying to achieve – tell us about the project or activity that you want to benefit from our support? Are you wanting to buy a specific item, or are you looking for help with your running costs?
- Who will benefit from our support? How will they benefit, how many people will benefit, and how long will the benefit last?
- How much money are you asking for? What is the total cost of your idea? Have you already raised any money towards this item? What proportion of the total cost are you looking for from us?
- What will the result be? When will it be achieved? How will you know if you have been successful?
Our boundaries for offering assistance forms one of two areas – we’re calling them “Geography” and “George’s other networks”
- Geography means Tarvin, Tarporley and the surrounding villages.
- George’s other networks mean those communities, clubs, societies, and associations that were “local” and “loved” by George – through university and school life.
If there is something you are involved with or know of – a local activity, cause, event or an individual or family whose needs fall within our charitable criteria and where you think our financial assistance could really make a difference please do get in touch – we might be able to help.
We can help by providing:
- Grants and loans directly to groups, organisations and societies already in existence.
- Grants and loans through the provision of “start-up” assistance to new groups, organisations and societies.
- Investment in new initiatives or programmes where there may not be an established provider available to meet the identified need.
- Grants, loans or equipment directly to individuals whose needs are in line with Foundations aims and purposes.
…and we will consider applications for both capital expenditure (to buy longer lasting material goods) and for revenue / running costs.
Please don’t be intimidated by any of this – we will be happy to help you!